The trading volume between China and Sweden has witnessed remarkable growth in recent years. In 2020, the total trade volume reached approximately $15.5 billion, a significant increase compared to previous years.
Sweden is known for its high-quality machinery, automobiles, and telecommunications equipment, which are highly sought after by Chinese consumers. Machinery and equipment constitute a significant portion of Sweden’s exports to China, accounting for around 40% of the total export value. Additionally, other notable Swedish exports to China include pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and paper products.
China, being the world’s largest exporter, supplies a wide range of goods to Sweden. Electrical machinery and equipment, including computers and telecommunication devices, form a substantial part of China’s exports to Sweden. Textiles, clothing, and footwear are also prominent Chinese exports to the Swedish market. Furthermore, China’s furniture and home decor items have gained popularity among Swedish consumers.
The automotive industry plays a crucial role in the trading relations between China and Sweden. Swedish automobile manufacturers, such as Volvo and Scania, have established a strong presence in the Chinese market. China, on the other hand, has become a significant exporter of automotive parts and components to Sweden. This collaboration has not only boosted trade but has also facilitated technology transfer and innovation in the automotive sector.
When it comes to international trade, efficient cargo transportation is crucial for businesses looking to import goods from China to Sweden.
Ports in China:
- Port of Shanghai (CNSHA), located in the eastern part of China, the Port of Shanghai is one of the busiest and largest ports in the world. It offers excellent connectivity and a wide range of shipping services, making it a popular choice for cargo transportation. The estimated transportation time from Shanghai to Sweden varies between 25–35 days, depending on the specific destination.
- Port of Ningbo (CNNGB), situated in Zhejiang province, the Port of Ningbo is another major port in China. It has extensive container handling facilities and provides efficient connections to various destinations in Sweden. The transportation time from Ningbo to Sweden ranges from 25–35 days, depending on the final destination.
- Port of Qingdao (CNTAO), located in Shandong province, the Port of Qingdao is a significant seaport in northern China. It offers multiple shipping routes and has excellent infrastructure for cargo handling. The estimated transportation time from Qingdao to Sweden is approximately 30–40 days, depending on the specific destination.
Airports in China:
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG): As one of the busiest airports in China, Shanghai Pudong International Airport provides extensive air cargo services. It offers direct flights to various airports in Sweden, making it a convenient option for time-sensitive shipments. The transportation time from Shanghai to Sweden by air typically ranges from 1–3 days, depending on the specific airport of arrival.
- Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK): Situated in the capital city of China, Beijing Capital International Airport is another major hub for air cargo transportation. It provides numerous flight connections to airports in Sweden, ensuring efficient delivery of goods. The estimated transportation time from Beijing to Sweden by air is approximately 1–3 days, depending on the specific airport of arrival.
Ports in Sweden:
- Port of Gothenburg (SEGOT): Located on the west coast of Sweden, the Port of Gothenburg is the largest port in Scandinavia. It offers excellent connectivity to various shipping routes and provides efficient cargo handling services. The transportation time from China to the Port of Gothenburg varies between 25–40 days, depending on the specific departure port in China.
- Port of Stockholm (SESTO): Situated in the capital city of Sweden, the Port of Stockholm is a significant seaport in the Baltic Sea region. It serves as a vital gateway for cargo transportation and offers reliable connections to various destinations. The estimated transportation time from China to the Port of Stockholm ranges from 30–45 days, depending on the specific departure port in China.
Airports in Sweden:
- Stockholm Arlanda Airport (ARN): Located near Stockholm, Stockholm Arlanda Airport is the largest airport in Sweden. It serves as a major hub for air cargo transportation, providing efficient connections to various airports in China. The transportation time from China to Stockholm Arlanda Airport by air typically ranges from 1–3 days, depending on the specific airport of departure in China.
- Gothenburg Landvetter Airport (GOT): Situated near Gothenburg, Gothenburg Landvetter Airport is another important airport in Sweden. It offers air cargo services and serves as a convenient option for shipments to and from China. The estimated transportation time from China to Gothenburg Landvetter Airport by air is approximately 1–3 days, depending on the specific airport of departure in China.
For the instant online quotations from China to Sweden, use our free online calculator. You can see instantly from multiple shipping companies to compare prices and choose and book the most cost-effective option.