China and Colombia have forged a strong trading relationship over the years. Colombia, known for its agricultural abundance and natural resources, exports a wide range of products to China. Among the most significant Colombian exports to China are crude petroleum, coal briquettes, coffee, bananas, and cut flowers. Colombia’s high-quality coffee beans have found a receptive market in China. Machinery, electronics, textiles, and manufactured goods are some of the major imports from China to Colombia.
According to the Colombian Ministry of Commerce, Industry, and Tourism, bilateral trade between the two countries reached a record high of $14.3 billion in 2019. This figure represents a substantial increase from the $10.6 billion recorded in 2018, showcasing the strengthening trade ties between the two nations.
China’s Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) has played a pivotal role in enhancing economic cooperation between the two countries. Colombia, being a key player in Latin America, has attracted Chinese investments in various sectors, including infrastructure, energy, and telecommunications. Chinese companies have actively participated in major Colombian projects, such as the construction of highways, ports, and power plants. These investments have not only contributed to Colombia’s economic development but have also created employment opportunities for its citizens.
As international trade continues to thrive, the demand for efficient cargo transportation from China to Colombia has significantly increased. It is possible to ship good from China to Colombia by sea or by air. The main shipping and airlines operating between the countries are as follows:
- Maersk Line: Maersk Line is one of the world’s largest container shipping companies, offering reliable services from China to Colombia. Their extensive network ensures efficient transportation of cargo.
- Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC): MSC is another prominent shipping line that operates on the China-Colombia route. With a vast fleet and global coverage, MSC provides reliable and flexible shipping solutions.
- China Southern Airlines (CZ): China Southern Airlines operates numerous flights between China and Colombia, providing efficient air cargo services. They offer a wide range of cargo transportation options to meet varying customer needs.
- Avianca (AV): Avianca, the national airline of Colombia, offers regular flights connecting major Chinese cities to Colombia. With their extensive network and cargo handling capabilities, Avianca ensures timely delivery of goods.
The transportation time from China to Colombia varies depending on the chosen mode of shipment. Here is a general estimate for each mode:
- Sea Freight: On average, sea freight shipments from China to Colombia take approximately 25–35 days, depending on the specific ports of departure and arrival.
- Air Freight: Air freight is the fastest mode of transportation, with an estimated transit time of 3–7 days. However, it is generally more expensive compared to sea freight.
When it comes to cargo transportation from China to Colombia, several shipping options are available. The main ports in China, such as Shanghai, Ningbo-Zhoushan, and Shenzhen, offer extensive connectivity, while airports like Shanghai Pudong and Beijing Capital provide efficient air cargo services.
It is crucial to consult with a freight forwarder or shipping agent to ensure compliance with all the required documentation and procedures for shipping goods from China to Colombia. Agora Freight can provide expert guidance and assistance throughout the shipping process, ensuring a smooth and efficient transportation experience.
For the instant online quotations from China to Colombia, use our free online calculator. You can see instantly from multiple shipping companies to compare prices and choose and book the most cost-effective option.