China and Austria have forged a strong trading relationship over the years. Austria primarily exports machinery, vehicles, pharmaceuticals, and chemical products to China. These high-quality Austrian goods have gained a solid reputation in the Chinese market, making them highly sought after by Chinese consumers and businesses alike.
China predominantly exports electrical machinery, textiles, and toys to Austria. The Chinese electrical machinery sector, known for its competitive prices and technological advancements, has become a significant player in the Austrian market. Additionally, Chinese textiles, renowned for their affordability and variety, have found a strong consumer base in Austria.
There are several modes of transportation between the two countries available, including sea freight, air freight, and rail freight.
Sea freight is a popular choice for cargo transportation from China to Austria due to its cost-effectiveness, especially for large shipments. The main ports involved in this route are:
- Port of Shanghai (CNSHA): Located in eastern China, the Port of Shanghai is one of the busiest ports in the world. It offers extensive connections to various destinations, including Austria. The estimated time for sea freight from Shanghai to Austria is around 30-35 days.
- Port of Ningbo (CNNGB): Situated in Zhejiang Province, the Port of Ningbo is another major port in China. It has excellent infrastructure and provides efficient shipping services. The estimated time for sea freight from Ningbo to Austria is approximately 35-40 days.
- Port of Tianjin (CNTSN): Located near Beijing, the Port of Tianjin is a vital gateway for international trade in northern China. It offers direct connections to Austria, and the estimated time for sea freight from Tianjin to Austria is around 35-40 days.
For time-sensitive shipments, air freight is the fastest option for cargo transportation. The main airports involved in this route are:
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG): As one of the busiest airports in China, Shanghai Pudong International Airport offers numerous flights to Austria. The estimated time for air freight from Shanghai to Austria is approximately 2-4 days.
- Beijing Capital International Airport (PEK): Situated in the capital city of China, Beijing Capital International Airport serves as a major hub for air cargo transportation. It provides frequent flights to Austria, and the estimated time for air freight from Beijing to Austria is around 2-4 days.
- Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport (CAN): Located in southern China, Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport is an important gateway for cargo transportation. It offers various flights to Austria, and the estimated time for air freight from Guangzhou to Austria is approximately 2-4 days.
Rail freight is gaining popularity as a reliable and cost-effective mode of cargo transportation between China and Europe. Although there is no direct rail connection between China and Austria, the following route can be considered:
China-Europe Railway Express: This rail route connects several Chinese cities, including Chengdu, Chongqing, and Xi’an, to various European destinations. The estimated time for rail freight from China to Austria is approximately 15-20 days, depending on the specific origin and destination.
For the instant online quotations from China to Austria use our free online calculator. You can see instantly from multiple shipping companies to compare prices and choose and book the most cost-effective option.