China has emerged as Guatemala’s largest trading partner in Asia, while Guatemala serves as an important gateway for Chinese goods to enter the Central American market. The primary goods exported from Guatemala to China include coffee, bananas, sugar, and seafood. Guatemala’s rich agricultural resources and favourable climate make it an ideal supplier of these products to the Chinese market.
China primarily exports machinery, electronics, textiles, and consumer goods to Guatemala. Chinese products have gained popularity in Guatemala due to their competitive prices and diverse range. The availability of affordable Chinese electronics and textiles has significantly impacted the Guatemalan market, providing consumers with a wider range of options at reasonable prices.
According to the Ministry of Commerce of the People’s Republic of China, the total trade volume between the two countries reached approximately $1.2 billion in 2020, a significant increase from previous years.
Transporting cargo from China to Guatemala requires careful planning and consideration of various shipping options available.
- Port of Shanghai (CNSHA) is one of the world’s busiest ports and serves as a major gateway for international trade. It offers a wide range of container shipping services, connecting China to destinations worldwide.
- Port of Shenzhen (CNSZX) is another vital transportation hub in China. It has multiple terminals and offers efficient container handling services, making it a popular choice for cargo transportation.
- Port of Hong Kong (CNHKG) is an international maritime centre, it provides excellent connectivity to global destinations. It offers reliable container shipping services and advanced logistics infrastructure.
- Port Barrios (GTPBR) is situated on the Guatemalan coastline facing the Atlantic Ocean. It was rebuilt, and it is still an important hub for fruit and vegetable exports.
- Port Quetzal (GTPRQ) is situated on the pacific coast. It is the biggest pacific seaport. Its location makes it a significant international port.
- Shanghai Pudong International Airport (PVG) is one of the busiest airports in China. It offers numerous cargo flights to destinations worldwide, including Guatemala. Several airlines operate cargo services from PVG, ensuring efficient and timely transportation.
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) offers a wide range of cargo services. It provides excellent air connectivity between China and Guatemala, with various airlines offering cargo transportation options.
- Maersk Line – Maersk Line is one of the largest container shipping companies globally and offers reliable services from China to Guatemala. They provide extensive coverage, a large fleet, and efficient transit times.
- Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) — MSC is another prominent shipping line operating between China and Guatemala. With a vast network and modern container vessels, MSC offers competitive shipping solutions.
- China Southern Airlines (CZ) – China Southern Airlines operates cargo services from Shanghai and Guangzhou to Guatemala City. They provide efficient transportation options for various types of cargo.
- Air China Cargo (CA) — Air China Cargo offers air freight services between China and Guatemala. With their wide range of aircraft and well-established cargo network, they ensure timely and secure transportation.
It is crucial to consult with a freight forwarder or shipping agent to ensure compliance with all the required documentation and procedures for shipping goods from China to Guatemala. Agora Freight can provide expert guidance and assistance throughout the shipping process, ensuring a smooth and efficient transportation experience.
For the instant online quotations from China to Guatemala, use our free online calculator. You can see instantly from multiple shipping companies to compare prices and choose and book the most cost-effective option.